I think that phrase pretty much sums up my break ^^ Lots of snow, skiing and head shots. It really was quite amazing. And that really is how much snow Brighton got a little before and while I was home.
Yes, it's been over a month since I posted. I blame the fact that I was out of the country. *Shifty eyes* Even though I should have written all about it as soon as I got back. UK was basically amazing. I'm still working on organizing my pictures though I have some of my favorites on my flickr account. http://www.flickr.com/photos/fotofea/ the pictures are also showing in the slideshow farther down the page which is linked to my flickr, but they are small images there if you want to actually go look at them.
And I still have writing calluses from it :p I will try to type up some of what I wrote at some point and put it up here. Some of it I actually like, and some of it is related to some of the pictures.
And now we have finished the first day of classes and I'm both excited and terrified all over again. I think it's going to be the most intense semester I've experienced yet. I already feel behind in Japanese and have yet to review for tomorrow (yes I'm procrastinating by writing instead, but blah.) And that class is early. Fiction will be fun, but again, lots of writing which will take time and energy for ideas and actually being happy with what I write. Still I'm looking forward to it. I've already come to the conclusion that Keesey is pretty much awesome. Then of course there was History of Graphic Design. I think this may be the scariest class. A) it's a history class. B) We've already received two reading assignments and I have to give a presentation on one of Alexey Brodovitch's works of art in about 2 weeks. I don't even know where to start other than trying to find an image that I like, which I may have done, but I have to discuss this one piece of art for five minutes! And I'm horrible at presentations. I have to assess what it means, and offer an interpretation. Conduct a "visual analysis. ie: describe the work's formal features with the most clear, concise and descriptive terms possible." Did I mention that it's supposed to take 5 minutes? oi vei.
I haven't even gone to the Intro to Visual culture, or Intro to Maya (which as independent study is only counting for one credit, but is going to take a lot of time) I'm afraid for once I might have overdone it, but I don't want to back out of anything. Moral support would be greatly appreciated at this time -.-
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment