Sunday, February 24, 2008

The weekend

Dancing last night was lovely. My feet have lovely blisters and I am proud of them ^^ as long as they don't hurt too much. I do miss my dancing shoes though, I hope my mom sends them to me. Dancing in heels is fun, but it would have been nice to switch shoes halfway or something.

It doesn't sound like I'm going to get to go skiing today though, which is unfortunate. Reed has a lot of work to do, and so do I. Hence I am stalking the flist and posting a random nothingness ^^. But hey, I got to watch a japanese show and say I was doing homework, so that's a plus!

Life seems kind of frustrating. Classes are tough, but not impossible and I'm enjoying them. I feel like I have no one here to lean on. I miss my friends. I feel like I'm doing something wrong here. I have acquaintances that I could call friends, but I couldn't tell you how much I trust them. I don't talk to them about anything significant, they don't seem to really care about what's going on in my life, we dont really do anything together. It makes me homesick. Or feel like I just need to reverse everything. I almost wish I could transfer, but I'm not giving up on Japan, or my Major and minors. This is what I want to do and so I'll stick it out. Though I'll have to be very careful about choosing a grad school. I want to be in a city, but I want to be able to get out into the wilderness. And of course I have no idea what area i want a graduate degree in. I could go anywhere from photography to graphic design to something with magazines or something.

I kind of wish our outdoor club was more active. I wish there was more time in the day/week. I wish the ski resorts were closer. I just feel like I need to get out. I want to go skiing, but 2hours, damn that's a long drive. I really am spoiled though. When the farthest I have to go is 45 minutes, and the closest is about 20. And there's a total of 7 ski resorts in the area between those driving distances. I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. I'm going to have to try and find a job that I can work from some area close to a ski resort and I don't think the sort of jobs I want exist outside of a big city that doesn't happen to be somewhere like salt lake. *sigh* ok end of rant for now. I am going to do more homework now.

I'm kind of glad no one seems to read this blog very often. Or if they do I certainly don't seem to know about it. Life in general has been sort of frustrating.

No comments: