Sunday, December 2, 2007

Procrastination and Laziness

Bad day, long day. It's raining and miserable outside and I've spent the day watching tv and not doing the homework I should be doing. It's kind of nice to relax, but I know I'm going to regret it later. What happened to the mass amounts of inspiration and motivation that I had only a few days ago?! Bah.

Last night I went dancing for a little while, it was absolutely amazing. I wish I could have stayed longer, but my ride wanted to leave. He was supposed to have had a date, and apparently when she decided not to come it put him in a bad mood so we left early. I did get a little time to talk to Aaron and dance with him a few times. He was telling me about taking a semester to a year off and moving in with some friends in Oakland. It sounds like he'll have a lot of fun, and of course still finish school afterwards. I think it's a perfectly fine decision to make, it would be nice to take a break from school, but I don't think it's something I would do until after undergraduate school. Mostly because there's so much that I want to do. There are so many "what if's." I wonder sometimes if I should have stayed closer to home to study animation/graphics or whatever. But at the time I wasn't sure if I wanted to do that or something else. Linfield had such a broad range of majors and I could create my own major if necessary. I liked the idea of a small school, but i regret not being in a bigger city. I've thought about transferring a few times, but don't think I could find a program that I like. Besides, at this point I'm going to Japan through my school and studying everything I want. Sure it may not be perfect, but it's a great start. So basically I don't think I could do everything I want if I tried to transfer, though sometimes it would be nice to be closer to home. Anyway, back to topic, it was nice to talk to Aaron and dance with him ^^.
I found some great swing music today too! Mostly because we were watching the Mask and I decided to look at the soundtrack and one of the artists, which led me to similar artists. I am so excited! I love swing music, whenever I listen to it I just want to get up and dance.

Oh, tonight is Tin Man on Sci Fi channel. I'm really excited to watch it. I haven't watched the Wizard of Oz in a very long time, but I really hope they've done a good job with this movie because the concept is kind of amazing. Well I guess it's a mini-series and not a movie, but either way. I'll write more after we've actually watched the first part. Perhaps I'll try to get some homework done while it's on, that would be a good idea. Sorry if this post sounds whiney at all, I didn't mean for it to come across that way, just kind of writing things as I think.

No comments: