Monday, December 3, 2007

Tin Man part 2

So I am still absolutely in love with the story and concept of Tin Man though I do have to agree with some of the critiques on the actors. There are so many lines that could have so much more power and emotion in them if the actors just put a little more effort into it. Some of the actors try more than others. Mostly it's the actress playing DG that seems a little bland, her face is always blank and not very expressive. She has has a very flat, sort of monotone voice and speech pattern. She has really big, wide eyes but doesn't use them. I guess that's sort of a double negative, but it gets my point across? Teehee. I think the scarecrow(Glitch) may be my favorite, he's prolly the most expressive of the bunch, although Cain, the Tin man is also very cool. And OMG Glitch just kicked major ass and it was beautiful. Definitely my favorite ^^. *sigh* DG definitely needs the support of the other characters/actors to make this good. But they still make it worth it. Hmm, I'm a little disappointed, the story seems to be lining up to make it so they do something and convince Azkadellia to be good again. Interesting; to look at the reviews it seems that people either hate the miniseries or absolutely love it. It's interesting too that the girl who plays the child version of DG also seems kind of bland, I wonder if they did it on purpose, but if so it was a bad decision.

We had a dress rehearsal for the Director's Scenes tonight. It went well, I really only messed up one line and didn't have to be told to speak louder so i think that's pretty good. I was a little uncomfortable initially in the costume just because I feel like I need to lose a lot of weight. I got more comfortable when we were on stage and I just wasn't thinking about it anymore. I love my co-actors too, they're a lot of fun and I just hope the show goes well on Thursday.

Omg, far too ridiculously adorable. No creature should make such cute noises. I just want to reach out and snuggle and cuddle it and love it forever and ever! Sorry, talking about "The Water Horse" I'm really excited to see that movie. Christmas this year has quiet a few good movies coming out that I want to see. It looks like they did a good job with The Golden Compass even though it's very different from the book. Still, it looks like a really good movie. And I have to see August Rush. *sigh* There are a lot of movies that I want to see. Sometimes I don't even care if they're that good, I want to see them to study the characters and the script and the filming and the concept and everything. Oh, Oh and Sweeney Todd! Johnny Depp, Helena Carter, and Alan Rickman. Again, one of those movies I would see just to see. Ohp and add Atonement to that list. Though it would be nice to read the book before seeing that, I just don't think I'm going to get around to it. You know what would make a nice movie? Beggars in Spain. At least from what I've read so far I think it would make a good movie.

Oh, also on that note, I started watching the Robin Hood BBC series today. Very interesting story, and I LOVE the characters there. It seems very well done so far and I'm looking forward to watching more of it. yay.

Okay, I think that's all for today.

No comments: