Okay, as promised a brief review on the first part of Tin Man. I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. The characters are so similar to their counterparts from Wizard of Oz, but so well developed with different histories based on the storyline and it's just very well done. The special effects are gorgeous as is the scenery and the costumes. I'm so glad they did a good job converting such a classic tale to something modern like this. I'm personally a fan of these types of stories anyway, they take just as much creativity and imagination as a completely original story. It takes hard work to write something that is based off of something else while still giving it spice and originality. I love rewritten fairy tales and that holds true here in the sense that the Wizard of Oz basically is a modern fairy tale and then someone made it even more fantastical. Color me impressed.
On another note, hopefully soon I'll stop being lazy and get some drawings in here soon even if they're just sketches or whatever, and hopefully that will inspire me to draw more. I'll also try to add one of those slide show things and link to pictures that I like somewhere, probably my Flickr account or something of the sort, which means I have to upload photos to there as well. Soon. . .
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Tin Man part 1
Labels:
characters,
costumes,
drawing,
fairy tales,
imagination,
originality,
photography,
Sci Fi,
Tin Man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment